Michael Liskow is a partner at Calcaterra Pollack LLP. Michael has extensive experience litigating complex class actions on behalf of plaintiffs in consumer fraud, data breach, antitrust, securities, housing, and wage and hour matters, among others. Prior to joining the Firm, Michael was a clerk for the Honorable Steven H. Levinson of the Supreme Court of Hawai`i, an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, a Fulbright Teaching Assistant to the Slovak Republic, and a partner at two law firms practicing plaintiff-side class action litigation.
Michael is currently admitted to practice in the States of New York and California and in the U.S District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California.
- Represents plaintiffs in a class action against the California State Compensation Insurance Fund on behalf of businesses charged improper workers’ compensation insurance rates.
- Represents a plaintiff in an antitrust class action against Apple stemming from its monopolization of the iPhone application market that was heard before the U.S. Supreme Court. The Court ruled 5-4 in favor of the named Plaintiffs against Apple.
- Represented plaintiffs in a class action against Bethpage Federal Credit Union and others for violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, resulting in a full recovery for each class member.
- Represented plaintiffs in a class action on behalf of overbilled Verizon consumers which resulted in a full recovery, plus interest and fees, for every class member.
- Acted as lead counsel for the data breach class actions Mizrahi v. NBEO (D. Md.) and Bokelman v. FCH Enterprises (D. Haw.).
- Represented consumers in numerous class actions challenging unfair and deceptive business practices, including against L.L. Bean, Nestlé Waters, Mondelēz, GNC, Banner Life Insurance, GNC, and Vibram.
- Represented a class of institutional and individual investors who suffered losses resulting from their investment in Goldman Sachs mortgage-backed securities, resulting in a recovery of over $272 million.
- Represented a class of overcharged tenants of Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village, resulting in a $173 million recovery, the largest recovery for tenants in United States history.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2005)
University of Kansas (B.A., Psychology, 2001)
Michael has been designated as a “Super Lawyer” each year since 2019 and was named as a “Rising Star” each year from 2013-2018 by New York Super Lawyers.
Cy Pres After Frank v. Gaos, presentation at 2019 NASCAT Annual meeting
“Is Equitable Estoppel in Arbitration a Sinking Ship?” New York Law Journal (Dec. 12, 2011)