Justin Teres is a senior associate at Calcaterra Pollack LLP. Justin has over a decade of experience in legal practice, having worked on a series of antitrust and securities fraud matters, as well as government investigations. Prior to joining the Firm, Justin practiced in the litigation group of a leading national law firm.
In addition to his work in litigation, Justin brings a wealth of federal and state public sector experience to the Firm. Justin served as counsel to two statewide investigatory commissions established by New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo and as counsel and legislative director to the late New York State Senator Jose Peralta. Prior to law school, Justin also worked on a variety of federal legislative and regulatory issues at the Washington, D.C. office of the world’s largest independent public relations firm.
Justin is currently admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Member of team that successfully prosecuted a multi-million dollar antitrust and false advertising (Lanham Act) litigation related to electronic surveillance technologies.
- Represents public pension and employee benefit funds operated by North America’s largest public transportation authority, seeking damages sustained by investors in the wake of the collapse of a private alternative investment fund concentrated on short and long index options trades.
- Routinely represents clients in responses to investigatory subpoenas issued by federal agencies, including the Federal Trade Commission and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Managed legislative portfolio of New York State Senator and Ranking Member of Committee on Labor, drafting and introducing dozens of bills for consideration and successfully ushering several through passage and chaptering into New York State Law.
- Managed government investigation into compliance of New York State candidate campaign committees with the Election Law and associated campaign finance regulations.
- Worked alongside colleagues to investigate the response of New York State electrical utilities to Superstorm Sandy, resulting in a series of proposed corrective actions to improve future service and policy recommendations adopted by the Public Services Commission and State Legislature.
- Led all aspects of pre-trial discovery work on several high-profile matters, including a class action against a chain of entertainment venues brought under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
The George Washington University (B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2004)
Justin is Chair of the Committee on Solutions for Legislative Advocacy and Policy at the LGBT Bar Association of New York.