Jimmy Aliaga is an associate at Calcaterra Pollack LLP. Jimmy has experience litigating complex federal and state matters including securities fraud class actions, consumer protection litigation, and individual actions under New York’s recently enacted Child Victims Act. Prior to joining the Firm, he was an associate at a plaintiff-side class action firm and served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. During his tenure, Jimmy conducted numerous bench and jury trials to verdict as lead counsel and coordinated grand jury investigations on a multitude of criminal actions.
He is currently admitted to practice in the State of New York and the U.S District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the District of Colorado.
- Represents institutional investors in a federal antitrust class action seeking recovery from over nine banks who allegedly participated in bid-rigging and market manipulation of the Mexican Government Bond market.
- Represents survivors of childhood sexual assault pursuing justice via New York’s Child Victims Act.
- Represents families who lost their infants in the Rock ‘n Play Sleeper against Mattel, Inc. and Fisher-Price, Inc.
- Represented institutional investors seeking class-wide relief through federal securities class actions.
- Represented a plaintiff class of workers alleging federal and state labor law violations against a publicly traded utility company.
James Madison University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
New York City Bar Diversity Fellowship, Alumni
ASAFE/New York City Bar Securities and Finance Law Seminar Series, Alumni
While attending New York University School of Law, Jimmy served as an intern with Morgan Stanley, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. He also served as a Senior Articles Editor for the Journal of Law & Liberty and an executive board member for the Suspension Representation Project and the Know Your Rights Project and participated in the NYU Legal Ethics Bureau’s examination of prosecutorial misconduct.
The Many Facets of Criminal Practice, NYU Law Alumni of Color Association, Panelist
Government & Prosecution Forum, An Introduction to Public Interest Lawyering, NYU Public Interest Law Center, Panelist
Preparing for Prosecution Interviews, NYU Law Public Interest Law Center, Panelist