Heavy Metal Baby Food Consumer Litigation
Calcaterra Pollack is at the forefront of class action litigation against numerous baby food manufacturers that misrepresented and failed to fully disclose the presence of dangerous heavy metals in their baby foods sold throughout the United States. The firm has brought class action cases against Beech-Nut Nutrition Company, Gerber Products Co., Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (makers of “Earth’s Best” products), Nurture, Inc. (makers of “Happy Baby Organics” products), and Plum, PBC. In the Plum litigation, Calcaterra Pollack is working closely with the attorneys who have been selected by the court to spearhead the litigation.
The cases currently being litigated by the firm are:
- In re Gerber Products Co. Heavy Metals Baby Food Litig., Master File No. 1:21-cv-0269 (Eastern District of Virginia)
- In re Beech-Nut Nutrition Company Baby Food Litigation, Case No. 1:21-cv-00133 (Northern District of New York)
- In re Hain Celestial Heavy Metals Baby Food Litigation, Case No. 2:21-CV-0678 (Eastern District of New York)
- In re Nurture Baby Food Litigation, Case No. 21-cv-1217 (Southern District of New York)
- In re Plum Baby Food Litigation, Case No. 21-cv-00913 (Northern District of California)